Detox has been a hot topic and it’s not just for the super-health-conscious folks or the crunchy people who eat only quinoa and kale anymore. Toxins affect all of us and just by changing a few things to clean up your life, you can see dramatic difference in your health and well being.
The question is no longer if we are toxic? The real question is HOW toxic we are?
Everybody in this world has detectable level of toxins in the body. Here are some facts that are not meant to scare you but more so educate you on the issues and and concerns related to toxicity in our bodies.
• Studies show that every organism on the planet has detectable level of Teflon in the body.
• 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
• 180 of the 287 chemicals found are known to cause cancer in human or animals, and 217 of them are toxic to the brain and nervous system.
After seeing shocking facts like these it can make it easier and motivating to commit to a healthy detox. Detoxification is a process during which you normalize the body’s natural ability to process and excrete toxins that are stored in our fat, while you temporarily reduce the amount of incoming toxins. So, why not jump in to one today?
If you haven’t done so already, join us for our New Year, New You Free 7-Day Virtual Detox. For seven days we’ll rid the body of unwanted, dirty, and heavy toxins with delicious smoothies and tasty meals. You can find all of our Detox info on our Facebook Detox Group Page.
If you don’t feel quite ready to start detoxing then be sure to check out our tips below to help reduce toxins in the body, maybe start implementing one TODAY!
Symptoms of Toxicity
Sometimes symptoms of toxicity can be quite non-specific and therefore hard to pin down. We are all different, so we react to toxins differently and at different dosage. Toxic exposure can manifest itself very differently in different people. If you have systemic or atopic health issues that have been lingering for a while, it’s worth looking at toxicity being the root cause.
Common symptoms of excessive toxic burden can include:
• Cognitive problems: brain fog, memory problems
• Neurological issues: balance problems, tremors
Reducing your toxic exposure can lead to a lot of health benefits, including:
• weight loss
• clear skin
• mental acuity
• reduced stress
• more energy
• improved immune function
• better digestion
• reduced cravings
Here are 5 tips to reduce your toxic load:
1. Use herbs that support our detox organs – liver, kidney and colon. E.g. milk thistle and dandelion.
2. Encourage elimination through skin, our largest organ for elimination. E.g. sweating and dry brushing.
3. Buy and eat organic food as much as possible – learn about the “Dirty Dozen” and try to shop organic for this produce.
4. Reduce processed and packaged foods, which are loaded with chemicals.
5. Replace household and personal products with a lot of chemicals with those made with natural ingredients.